Thursday, January 8, 2009

Book List

I should have included this info with the course overview. D'oh! Here are the books I'll be using this semester:

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
Forever by Judy Blume
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Alice on Her Way by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers
Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky

I got the list from the ALA's list of most banned/challenged books. I went with top twenty books, and picked from the three lists they have. There was a lot of overlap, obviously. The only book(s) I didn't use from the top ten were Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories series.

No comments: